Thursday, September 4, 2008

This old house

So this old house may not look like much,
but it holds many memories for me,
memories of my childhood.
The smell of my grandparents house.
The pecan trees, the toy box full of toys, the creeky floor when you run across it,
The naps(that I would appreciate now) .
Brings back memories of my grandmother and I making Dirt cake for the family.
What a suprise that was when she pulled that fake flower
from the pot and started serving "dirt" to everyone. Riding on the back of the tractor at the farm and playing with the cousins in that old trailer in the yard.
And my youngest uncle trying to scare the girls away, with his latest halloween mask.
Those boys!

Ok so it has been like 20 years since all these things took place, and I guess we have all grown up... well atleast a little bit since then.

I am so excited that even with us being so far away that my children get to experience a little bit of this. All though the farm in Bronte is not in the family anymore, there are plenty of memories to be had at this little house.

The little one is looking for "acorns" to crack and eat in grandaddys yard.

(She is looking for pecans)

And munch... Well he loves to put together parts, and things.

What a cool "fort" this is. Cousin Drew helped build it.

Vroom vroom... chugga chugga Fun Fun Fun!!

Thanks grandaddy for many memories for me and my children!

Love Ya!

1 comment:

laura said...

ameryn looks so much like you! when did ya'll do all this travelling? are ya'll still staying up there or coming baack to texas?