Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wanna Fight?


Ok so I have been watching my baby boy grow up in the last week. He is getting taller and more handsome every day! I am soo proud of him, he did his science fair project, last week, It looked GREAT, better than many of the middle school projects at his school! Then he finished his book project, it too was very intense too. I was so proud of him to handle all that and his daily homework with a grain of salt. no big deal... easy just get er done. What a proud Mama I am.
then this week on Tuesday he came home and said he started a fight at school today at recess.
Ok with growing up I guess you get the good with the bad. So he explained that he was playing "extreme tag" with no base, and one kid made one of his friends cry, so he told the kid to apologise and the kid refused and ran away. My boy went right after him caught up with him and kicked him in the shin!! The kid kicked him told him the "F" word and ran away. DO you know my son? I do, and I have to say that I am proud of him. He was standing up for his friend and asking the kid to do the right thing. What a boy! Dad did have a chat with him about not letting your anger control your actions. And he did get a "mark" in class that day. I am proud to see that my baby boy is growing up. I am glad to see that he is taking a stand for what he believed was right, even if it was over a stupid game of tag, but actually it was more about being a friend, helping a friend and his feelings. Isn't that what life is about? why were we put here? To worship God and to build relationships with others, and share God and his grace with them.
We went to BR and had a few of the 31 flavors that night. My boy is growing up! I am a proud Mama!

No comments: